Need some travel blog post ideas? You’re in the right place.
Whether you’re a new travel blogger or a seasoned full-time travel blogger who is experiencing writer’s block, this guide will show you how to never run out of travel blog post ideas again.
These are the same tactics I use every day as a full-time travel blogger to consistently write two blog posts per week without running out of content ideas.
Additionally, if you want to make money travel blogging, I highly recommend checking out my guide on how travel bloggers make money here.
Now, here’s how to never run out of travel blog post ideas!
How To Come Up With Travel Blog Post Ideas
Soon, I’ll give you a long list of 50 travel blog post ideas that you can copy. But, first, I want to show you how you can come up with your own travel blog post ideas and never run out.
This is exactly how I come up with all of my own travel blog post ideas.
First, I decide which destination I want to write about. This is always somewhere I’ve personally been so that I can provide my readers with the best tips possible.
These search engines will automatically start listing more specific keywords that people are searching about that destination and topic.
For instance, when I typed “what to pack for Bora Bora,” Google and Pinterest both suggested “what to pack for Bora Bora honeymoon” as a frequently searched topic. This then lead me to write a blog post on What To Pack For Your Bora Bora Honeymoon.
Finally, I check the competition for those specific travel blog post ideas. If there are a lot of other travel bloggers writing about the same topic, it’s probably not worth my time or energy to write about it.
On the other hand, if there are no travel bloggers writing about that specific travel blog post idea, I should definitely write about it because there is a higher likelihood for Google and Pinterest to rank my blog post and grow my traffic.
Now, let’s move past these technical tips and give you some of the best travel blog post ideas that you can quickly copy for your own travel blog.
Travel Blog Post Ideas You Can Copy
- Things To Do In [Destination]
- Best Places To Visit In [Destination]
- What To Do In [Destination]
- Unique Things To Do In [Destination]
- What To Pack For [Destination]
- [Destination] Packing List
- [Destination] Packing Guide
- What To Wear In [Destination]
- What To Wear In [Destination] In [Season]
- [Destination] [Number] Day Itinerary
- [Destination] Day Trip Itinerary
- How To Spend [Number] Days In [Destination]
- [Destination] Travel Tips
- [Destination] Vs. [Similar Destination]: Which Is Better?
- [Destination] Photo Ideas/Spots
- [Destination] Instagram Spots
- [Destination] Instagram Captions
- Best Restaurants In [Destination]
- Best Foods To Try In [Destination]
- Travel Essentials
- Amazon Travel Essentials
- Travel Beauty Products
- Travel Gift Guide
- Carry-On Essentials
- How To Pack A Carry-On For [Number] Days
- Packing Tips And Tricks
- Long-Haul Flight Essentials
- Best Travel Credit Cards
- Best Airlines
- Luxury Travel Tips
- Budget Travel Tips
- How To Save Money To Travel
- How To Travel To [Destination] On A Budget
- [Destination] Outfit Ideas
- Where To Stay In [Destination]
- Where To Stay In [Destination] On A Budget
- Best Hotels In [Destination]
- Best Travel Camera Gear
- How To Travel To [Destination] With Kids
- Tips For Flying With Kids
- Solo Travel Tips
- How To Travel Solo To [Destination]
- Road Trip Tips
- Road Trip Destinations
- Best Places To Visit In [Season]
- Best Travel Apps
- Free Things To Do In [Destination]
- Cheap Things To Do In [Destination]
- Airport Tips
- How To Get Around [Destination]
How often do you need to post to a travel blog?
In order to grow your traffic, you need to post to a travel blog as often as you consistently can.
Meaning, if you have the capacity to consistently post twice a week to a travel blog, post twice a week (this is how often I post to grow). If you have the capacity to consistently post once a week, post once a week. If you only have the capacity to post once a month, commit to consistently posting once a month.
The more blog posts you publish, the more opportunities you will have to exponentially gain traffic.
For example, you will, in theory, grow your traffic twice as fast by publishing two blog posts a week instead of one per week, assuming that all your blog posts are high quality and search engine optimized.
However, the key here is to be consistent. If you are not consistent, search engines like Google will be less likely to pick up and push out your content to new readers.
So, choose a posting cadence (AKA how often you post) that is appropriate and manageable for your lifestyle.
What should my first travel blog post be about?
Your first travel blog post should be about a topic that your future target audience will want to read. Your first travel blog post should not be about you.
For instance, do you want to target luxury travelers? Come up with travel blog post ideas that luxury travelers will be interested in, such as “Best Luxury Hotels In [Destination]” or “Luxury Travel Essentials You Need To Have.”
Surprisingly, your first travel blog post should not be about you. If you want to eventually make a living from your travel blog, you should think of your blog as a way to serve and help other travelers, not as a personal diary.
This may sound a little harsh, but it is much more fulfilling and financially rewarding. Trust me.
Do you have any more questions about travel blogging? Drop them in the reply section below or send me a private message on Instagram. I’m happy to help!
Also, be sure to check out my complete guide on how to make money as a travel blogger here.
More Travel Blogging Tips
Save These Travel Blogging Tips
Save these travel blog post ideas for easy access later by sharing to socials.